Shoulder Pain Management at North Orange County Chiropractic and Wellness Center
Shoulder pain can make it all but impossible to use your arm, sleep comfortably, play sports or do your job. Whether your agony stems from an acute sports injury or the aging process, our chiropractor near Brea, Dr. Patel, can provide non-surgical, drug-free shoulder pain management.
The shoulder is an amazingly flexible joint, but it's also prone to a variety of painful problems. These include:
- Dislocated shoulder - A sports injury, fall, or other trauma can cause the shoulder joint to pop off out of position. This very painful problem can make you more prone to future shoulder dislocations.
- Shoulder bursitis - Repeated shoulder impacts, incorrect posture, or simple aging can promote irritation and inflammation of the bursae, small fluid-filled sacs that reduce friction in the shoulder joint.
- Frozen shoulder - If your arm has been in a sling or your shoulder motion was otherwise restricted, you may develop muscle pain and stiffness in the shoulder. This condition is called frozen shoulder, or adhesive capsulitis.
- Rotator cuff injury - If you tear any of the four muscles and/or tendons that articulate the shoulder, you've sustained a rotator cuff injury. This condition can prove especially painful when you lie on the affected shoulder.
- Strains and sprains - A strain is a torn or stretched muscle or tendon; a sprain is a torn or stretched ligament. Acute overextension of the shoulder or repeated, extreme exertion in the shoulder can cause either condition.
- Tendonitis - Work or sports activities that constantly work the shoulder muscles and connective tissues (tennis, swimming etc.) can create micro-tears in tendons that don't get a chance to recover and heal as they should, resulting in chronic shoulder pain.
Shoulder-Saving Techniques from Our Chiropractor near Brea
The first thing our chiropractor near Brea will do about your shoulder pain is determine whether it's actually originating in the shoulder. Sometimes a neck strain or a spinal misalignment can refer pain signals to the shoulder area. If you do suffer from damage to the shoulder itself, we can provide numerous pain management and rehabilitation techniques to address the specific underlying cause of your discomfort, all of which can be combined into a personalized pain management program just for you. For example:
- Chiropractic adjustments to the shoulder joint can correct a dislocation, while adjustments to the spinal column can often relieve referred pain.
- Massage therapy can increase circulation and loosen tissues, easing muscle pain while promoting healing.
- Supervised exercises and other forms of physical therapy can help you overcome a sports injury to the shoulder.
- Nutritional counseling can help you deliver healing nutrients to your shoulder.
- Lifestyle recommendations can help you avoid overuse injuries.
Let Our Chiropractor in Brea Help You Experience Natural Shoulder Pain Management
Life is too short for nagging shoulder pain, let North Orange County Chiropractic and Wellness Center give you the natural pain management you seek. Contact us at 714-256-0411 today!